I've always had this delusion that mirrors are actually meeting points between two points of existence. That people are different on the other side, their nature inverted. By this logic, I feel like I am from the mirror-world, and was sent to this world by mistake. It would explain why humankind makes me feel isolated and alienated. When out in public, or anywhere with lots of people, I stare out at them as one would stare at animals at the zoo. They are such strange creatures, with peculiar rituals and customs. Most every basic social rule seems forced and shallow to me, but it is how everyone is supposed to act and react.
I've traveled many parts of the world, always living on the street or close to the lower classes. In every land it is similar. Amongst the people, I am an alien. Their speech, their gait, the empty language they use, all seem wrong to me. Being the outsider of humanity, it makes me extremely anxious and nauseated to be around people. I take pills and self-medicate in an attempt to control my extreme social anxiety, but it rarely helps. I just can't trust these creatures that are unpredictable to me.
I imagine that if I could just return to the mirror-world, that I might actually have friends, or a life. That People there would be kinder, more logical individuals. That it would be a world I would want to remain in, rather than this world which brings me to suicide attempts and self mutilation. Would be nice, to not want to leave the world you're forced into. Would be nice, to not wish a plague on every being around you. But I'll never be able to pass through the threshold.
.dlohserht eht hguorht ssap ot elba eb reven ll'I tuB .uoy dnuora gnieb yreve no eugalp a hsiw ton ot ,ecin eb dluoW .otni decrof er'uoy dlrow eht evael ot tnaw ton ot ,ecin eb dluoW .noitalitum fles dna stpmetta edicius ot em sgnirb hcihw dlrow siht naht rehtar ,ni niamer ot tnaw dluow I dlrow a eb dluow ti tahT .slaudividni lacigol erom ,rednik eb dluow ereht elpoeP tahT .efil a ro ,sdneirf evah yllautca thgim I taht ,dlrow-rorrim eht ot nruter tsuj dluoc I fi taht enigami I
.em ot elbatciderpnu era taht serutaerc eseht tsurt t'nac tsuj I .spleh ylerar ti tub ,yteixna laicos emertxe ym lortnoc ot tpmetta na ni etacidem-fles dna sllip ekat I .elpoep dnuora eb ot detaesuan dna suoixna ylemertxe em sekam ti ,ytinamuh fo redistuo eht gnieB .em ot gnorw mees lla ,esu yeht egaugnal ytpme eht ,tiag rieht ,hceeps riehT .neila na ma I ,elpoep eht tsgnomA .ralimis si ti dnal yreve nI .sessalc rewol eht ot esolc ro teerts eht no gnivil syawla ,dlrow eht fo strap ynam delevart ev'I
.tcaer dna tca ot desoppus si enoyreve woh si ti tub ,em ot wollahs dna decrof smees elur laicos cisab yreve tsoM .smotsuc dna slautir railucep htiw ,serutaerc egnarts hcus era yehT .ooz eht ta slamina ta erats dluow eno sa meht ta tuo erats I ,elpoep fo stol htiw erehwyna ro ,cilbup ni tuo nehW .detaneila dna detalosi leef em sekam dniknamuh yhw nialpxe dluow tI .ekatsim yb dlrow siht ot tnes saw dna ,dlrow-rorrim eht morf ma I ekil leef I ,cigol siht yB .detrevni erutan rieht ,edis rehto eht no tnereffid era elpoep tahT .ecnetsixe fo stniop owt neewteb stniop gniteem yllautca era srorrim taht noisuled siht dah syawla ev'I

No comments:
Post a Comment